Who We Are
We are a diverse congregation of about 60 people of all ages from the greater Columbus, Ohio area. Our church building is located in the north west part of Grove City, Ohio.
CenterPointe is a church striving to follow the mission of God. By following the example of Jesus Christ set forth in the Gospels, and by using the gifts given to each person through the Holy Spirit, we seek to show God’s love by serving our local community.
Where We’re Headed
More than ever, we seek to be the healthiest expression of the body of Christ we can be. We are committed to love our community, and meeting the needs of those God has placed in our lives.
What Does This Mean For You?
What is most important for you to know is that you’re always welcome at CenterPointe. Regardless of your situation or whatever monumental problem you’re facing, Jesus is the answer. We want to help you by participating with the Spirit so that you can have a relationship with Christ.
If you want to learn more about our beliefs as a church, click here (link to our denomination’s beliefs).
Where We Come From
Grace Communion International is a mosaic of churches knit together in grace. Through Spirit-led, life-giving relationships, our 30,000 members in 550 churches spread across almost 70 countries seek to multiply mature followers of Jesus throughout the world. We pursue this disciple-making mission grounded in the identity, beliefs and values.
What We Believe
Grace Communion International believes that theology should be rooted in the Bible, especially the New Testament. We see a reliable theology articulated by Irenaeus, Athanasius, Gregory Nazianzus, and more recently, Karl Barth, Thomas F. Torrance, and many others. This theology is often referred to as Trinitarian Theology due to its emphasis on the relational nature of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Here is a summary of our core beliefs:
- The Father, Son, and Spirit are one God, united in love for one another.
- Jesus Christ, as the Word made flesh, is fully God and fully human.
- Jesus accurately reveals the goodness and love of God, and reveals humanity as God intended us to be.
- As our Creator, Jesus represented all humanity, and all people benefit from his vicarious humanity: his life, death, resurrection and ascension.
Jesus Christ atoned for all sin and suffered its full consequence.
- God has in Christ reconciled all humanity to himself through his son, Jesus (Colossians 1:20). (However, universal atonement should not be equated with universalism.)
- The judgment of God against evil has been executed in Jesus Christ so that all might repent and receive forgiveness and, through the Holy Spirit, share in Christ’s resurrected, eternal life.
- People are exhorted to respond to this reconciliation and participate in the life for which we were all created.
- Jesus, as the nexus of divinity and humanity, has enabled humanity to participate in the life and love of the Trinity, which was God’s intent from before the beginning of time.
If you are interested in a comprehensive look at our theology and doctrines, read The God Revealed In Jesus Christ and The GCI Statement of Beliefs. Also see We Believe, which sets out our core beliefs in a question and answer format.